So that's the look of the main body and some elements at the current stage. I've separated the interior part to finish it at the last stage and texture independently.
Just because I was a little bit sluggish, instead of matching the upper exhausts to the aircraft's body, I've decided to refine the front, cockpit elements. I've separated hatch out of the main geometry earlier to avoid adding unnecessary loops coming from the side air inflows.
I've subdivided the geometry and moved verticles to the positions, matching the hatches shape. Next, I've removed all the elements that should be transparent and cleaned the mesh a little bit.
The shape of the hatch after separation of transparent elements. Here I've unfortunately made another mistake (hopefully the last one :) ) regarding the element's topology - right part has too many edges being put next to each other and that makes the shading of the element very ugly - I've tried to correct this issue by hand and it won't be noticeable that much in later stages due to texturing work, but that kind of mistakes should be never made especially with hard-surface models such as cars.
Cockpit hatch prepared for adding additional cuts.
Click button 'arrow right' in menu to view the next page. 'Arrow left' – previous page.